Documents Required for Column piping : The basic below mention documents shall be studied thoroughly for conceptual arrangement of piping around a column.
- The basic layout and general engineering specifications
- The minimum access, walkways, platforms width and headroom requirements.
- Handling facilities for tower internals, manhole covers, line blinds, relief valves.
- Maximum rise of ladders.
- Pipe-system requirements, such as open or closed relieving systems.
- Minimum line-size and required hose-stations.
- Access to valves and instruments.
- Design Standards
Details of ladder dimensions
- Ladder and platform position (Step through or side step landings)
- Toe-plate, handrail and safety-gate details.
P&ID and Technical specification of column
- Process data showing interconnected equipment and piping.
- Pipe sizes and pipeline components.
- Steam tracing and insulation thickness.
- Tower elevations and differences in related equipment levels.
- Plot Plan
The physical location of a column and its relationship to other equipment.
- Main access.
- Main pipe run or pipe rack.
- Location of pumps.
- A typical cross-section of a piperack running through the tower area of a refinery type plant
- A typical plan of equipments located in the refinery type of plants highlighting the maintenance access.
- The location of instrument connections to tower for gauges, level controllers and level alarms.
- Location of pressure and temperature connections without orientation.
- The instrumentation systems around the tower are depicted in the P&ID.
Fabrication drawing / detail dimensional drawings of column
- Diameter and height of column.
- Details and dimensions of internals.
- Process-piping connections in elevation (without orientation)
Drum, pump, exchanger drawings giving details of adjacent process equipment or equipment supported on column itself.
An integrated column piping study should be developed from the above information.
The column piping study should take care of all the general recommendations of piping arrangement around the column and its related equipment and facilities
Check here for process column piping